How to Cook Spicy Tuna Carbonara Sauce with Crispy Bacon Bits
Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish from Rome based on eggs, cheese, bacon, and black pepper. Spaghetti is usually used as the pasta; however, fettuccine, rigatoni, linguine or bucatini can also be used. Wikipedia
- McCormick Carbonara Perfect Pasta Sauce Mix 35g
- All Purpose Cream 500ml (2 x 250ml)
- Evaporated Milk 250ml
- Century Tuna Hot and Spicy (3 x 180g) – please do not drain oil
- Bacon (6 strips cut into small pieces about 2-3cm wide)
- Minced Onions (3 medium-sized onions)
- Pressed and Minced Garlic (1 head of garlic / 6-8 cloves)
- 450g Spaghetti Noodles (cooked al dente)
- Cooking Oil
- *Optional* Parsley (chopped or sliced)
How to cook Spicy Tuna Carbonara Sauce with Crispy Bacon Bits:
- Mix all purpose cream and evaporated milk in a bowl
- Add McCormick Carbonara Perfect Pasta Sauce Mix
- Stir until all ingredients are well blended then set aside.
- Cut the bacon strips into pieces also about 1/4 in wide.
- Fry over a medium/high heat until crisp then set aside
- Saute onion over medium heat until tender
- Switch to low heat and toss in garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes
- Switch to medium heat and add Century Tuna Hot and Spicy. Stir and break tuna chunks to smaller pieces. Keep stirring to avoid burnt tuna until it boils. Let it sit for about 30 seconds
- Add the sauce mix that you’ve set aside earlier and stir
- Continue to stir until its consistency is creamy then set aside
- Cook Spaghetti Pasta Noodles until al dente
- Serve Carbonara pasta either mixed all together (sauce and spaghetti noodles) or on separate serving dishes.
- Sprinkle bacon bits and chopped parsley on top of your Carbonara-sauced spaghetti.
Costs Php 350 – 400.00
Preparation and Cooking time is 1-1.5 hours
Serves 6-10 people
I made these last 3 September 2016 during our (Migz and I) 3rd monthsary. My friend and neighbor, James, brought Fried Chicken to go with the Spicy Tuna Carbonara Pasta with Crispy Bacon Bits I made. I also prepared Garlic Toast which was so easy to prepare.
My friends told me that the sauce is so creamy and delicious (they’re too kind haha!). I didn’t even add cheese but it turned out yummy! The carbonara sauce mix really helped a lot.
You should try it, too! When you do, let me know how it goes for you in the comments section below. 😊