Food: Shrimp in Tamarind Soup (Sinigang na Hipon)
The Filipino all-time favorite ulam – Shrimp in Tamarind Soup (Sinigang na Hipon). Here’s how you can make this easy and simple dish.
- 6 Jumbo Shrimps
- Tomatoes, cut to wedges
- Onion, cut to wedges
- Okra, sliced diagonally
- 1 pack Knorr Sinigang na Hipon Original Mix
- Fish Sauce (patis)
- Green Chili (Siling haba)
- In a cooking pot, put in water, okra, onions and tomato.
- Bring to a boil.
- Put in low fire, then add in shrimp and Knorr sinigang mix.
- Stir for about 2 minutes, then add the other kangkong.
- Add patis or fish sauce to taste.
- Add green chili
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
- Serve hot!
Repost from my old blog…